Oh. My. Goodness. That is all I can say about this lotion. It's awesome. If you try one thing from this whole blog - TRY THIS!!!
What's So Great About It:
- It's beyond easy and fast to make
- Pure cocoa butter contains Vitamins A, C and E
- Cocoa butter is also used to fade the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Now, I smell like coffee and chocolate, without having to sling coffee all day!
What's Not So Great About It:
- My baby kitty will not stop licking my legs.
1/2 cup emulsifying wax*
1/2 cup pure cocoa butter*
1/2 cup oil (any will work, I used Olive)
1 1/2 C Coffee
a few drops of Vitamin E oil (optional)
What To Do:
Step 1: Brew a fresh pot of coffee!
Step 2: Using a double boiler, MELT (make sure it doesn't boil) the emulsifying wax, cocoa butter and oil together.
Step 3: Once your coffee is brewed and your wax, butter and oil are melted down, mix them all together in a glass jar or bowl.
Step 4: Either by hand or with an electric mixer, whip it until it cools and becomes thick. You know what, scratch that, us an electric mixer. It's way faster. :)
Step 5: Store in a glass jar. And - in the words of Salt N' Pepa, "Baby, rub it down and make it smooth like lotion."
*I looked high and low for the best place to get emulsifying wax and pure cocoa butter. Hands down, it's from www.mountainroseherbs.com out of Oregon.